FOLEY CALLS ON BEREJIKLIAN GOVERNMENT TO COME CLEAN ON FURTHER TRAIN CANCELLATIONS

-->

NSW Opposition Leader Luke Foley says the Berejiklian Government has to come clean about whether it is planning any more train cancellations next week.

Mr Foley’s call comes after the Rail, Tram and Bus Union was told by Sydney Trains management of plans to cancel services on Monday 8th, Tuesday 9th as well as next Monday 15th January.

The union was told last Friday 5th January that services would have to be cancelled because of a driver shortage due to “excessive leave approval” by Sydney Trains management.

Mr Foley says Transport Minister Andrew Constance had so far blamed drivers taking unforeseen sick leave and lightning strikes for the chaos on the rail network this week.

This latest information shows it was already known there would be cancellations – irrespective of weather events and sick leave - and yet the Minister failed to tell commuters.

Mr Constance now has to come clean and warn commuters about any further disruptions planned. He has to put the interests of the travelling public first.